Welcome!

My journey switching from store-bought to homemade, natural products for the home and body.

Saturday

Homemade Carpet Powder - Deodorizer and Freshener


Do you have children?  How about pets?  If you answered yes, chances are they have either rolled around on your carpet, put things in their mouth that were on it and done a whole host of other things that we don't see or think about.  I, for one, am not in favor of sprinkling powdered chemicals all over my floor, so I opt to make my own.  Making your own carpet deodorizer/freshener is not only simple but it will save you a ton of money.

Ingredients:
  • 1 c baking soda
  • Optional:  1 tsp essential oils
Directions:

Add the baking soda in an air-tight container.  Stir the essential oil into the baking soda with a fork to loosen any clumps.  

Sprinkle the mixture liberally over your carpet.  Allow it to set for 20 minutes before vacuuming it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment